CHIREC recognizes that our teachers must lead by example. Our teachers have access to numerous professional development opportunities to sharpen their existing skills and to cultivate new ones. We train our faculty to be passionate about teaching, and to work together towards the goal of collaborative, cohesive and wholesome education.
- Workshops and Conferences
CHIREC’s in-school workshops provide our departments with the opportunity to train their entire staff on the school premises, and to focus upon select program issues and strategies.
In addition to organizing subject-specific workshops, run by industry experts, at the Kondapur campus, CHIREC provides our teachers with opportunities to attend conferences such as “IB World Conference” and “Connected Learning.”
We encourage our teachers to participate in some of the International Baccalaureate’s innovative online professional development workshops, which are offered as seven sessions each calendar year. In all, educators have more than 300 workshops to choose from that focus on various aspects of the IB’s programmes.
CHIREC has invited luminaries in the field of education to speak to our teachers about the latest in teaching practices and standards of a global education. Past events have included talks by speakers such as Ms. Priyamvada Das, a member of the IBDP Professional Development training team.
- Cambridge Professional Development
We provide Introductory Training to teachers who are new to the Cambridge programmes and qualifications. This year-long program introduces teachers to the Cambridge syllabi and curricular frameworks. We also provide Extension Training for teachers who have attended the Introductory Training session and/or have been teaching Cambridge programmes and qualifications for at least one year or one exam cycle.
Teachers will typically learn about:
- Cambridge International Examinations
- Aims and structure of Cambridge programmes, syllabi and curricula
- Assessment aims and objectives
- Question paper marking exercises and examiner feedback (only applicable to Cambridge Secondary 2 and Cambridge Advanced qualification training)
- Progression tests, Cambridge Primary Checkpoint and Cambridge Secondary 1 Checkpoint tests
- Teaching ideas and approaches
- Endorsed resources that are available to support teaching