College Board’s Advanced Placement Program® is recognized by universities around the world as a standard of academic excellence. Since 1955, the AP® Program has enabled millions of students to take U.S. university undergraduate-level courses and earn undergraduate degree credit, advanced placement, or both while still in high school/secondary school.
Nearly all colleges and universities in the United States and Canada — as well as more than 700 universities worldwide — consider AP Exam scores for admission, and grant credit and placement for qualifying AP Exam scores. Most universities also acknowledge course participation, regardless of AP score, favorably in the admission process.
AP Exams are administered once every year during the first two-three weeks of May. Registration in the Fall prior to the testing year is strongly recommended to ensure students have time to prepare.
For more information visit College Board’s website: https://international.collegeboard.org/students/ap/taking-ap-india
Access the list of universities around the world offering AP credits: https://international.collegeboard.org/students/ap/find-universities-recognize-ap
Some benefits of Taking AP Program Exams
AP enables students like you to:
Stand out in university admissions
Earn university credit
Skip introductory university classes
Save money on tuition
Build skills and confidence
Review the AP course descriptions for the subject(s) you want to test in. Each description explains which topics are covered in the AP course—and what might be on the exam.
AP EXAM REGISTRATION FOR STUDENTS
CHIREC International School, Hyderabad is authorized by the College Board to administer AP Exams.
AP Exam in 2023 will be conducted on:
|Regular Testing dates
||Late Testing dates
|May 1st to May 5th, 2023
May 8th to May 12th 2023
|May 17th to May 19th 2023|
Detailed subject wise exam schedule for academic year 2022-23 can be accessed here
AP Exam Fee (INR) per subject
Late Registration Start Date
Late Registration End Date
Late AP Exam Fee (INR) per subject
January 3rd 2023
March 5th 2023
INR 15,000- Regular Testing
INR 18,000 - Late Testing
2023 AP Exam Eligibility
Students must be enrolled in or affiliated with a secondary school (high school) to take AP Exams. Students in any of the categories below are eligible to test:
• Students testing at the secondary school where they’re enrolled.
• Students enrolled at a secondary school but testing at another authorized school/test center.
• Secondary school-level students who are homeschooled, participate in independent study, or attend a virtual school.
• Younger students who are not yet enrolled in secondary school (i.e. below ninth grade) but are prepared to take an AP Exam.
Prospective exam takers who do not meet the above requirements and have a legitimate need for AP testing must request approval via email from College Board at email@example.com, prior to registering with a test center.
• I acknowledge that I will be under 21 years old (born after May 31, 2002) at the time of taking any AP Exams in 2023
• I acknowledge that I will need to pay the test center and register online with the College Board by the stated deadline to complete my AP Exam registration and receive an Admission Ticket from the test center, or I will not be able to test.
• I acknowledge that I have read and agree to test center policies above, with respect to payment deadline, payment instructions, refunds, and cancellations.
Additional testing policies
• You can take any or all of the 4 physics exams in the same year.
• You cannot retake an exam in the same year, although you may retake it in a subsequent year.
• You cannot take both Calculus AB and Calculus BC in the same year.
• You cannot take 2 exams scheduled at the same date and time. Decide which exam you wish to take first and then take the other exam during the next testing window.
• AP Exams at test centers are paper-and-pencil based and administered in person at the test center. In-person digital exam options are not available for students outside the U.S. at this time.
Important ID Policy Update
ID Policy for test centers in India:
• Please plan any ID processing and applications in advance. Ensure you have acceptable ID to bring to the test site on exam day or you will not be able to test.
• AP-authorized test centers in India will only accept original, valid passport as ID for entry to the AP Exam administration.
• If original, valid passport is not available, then student must have the Aadhaar in either original Letter format or the PVC version with hologram only (both received from UIDAI). No other Aadhaar versions will be accepted.
• A sample of the letter version is shown on the left; it’s the entire piece of paper and not just the card portion at the bottom. The PVC card sample is given below:
Students will have to create an account on College Board’s website for registering for AP exams, Link to MY AP account: https://myap.collegeboard.org/login
Mode of Payment - Online / DD
The admit card would reach you via email by April 1st, 2023.Registration is valid only if information submitted through the form is credible.
Successful payment alone cannot be considered as complete registration.
Please create your college board account and register there. Registration on the google form link and college board both are mandatory
Students must ensure that they have Registered for all AP exams, paid the Exam fee to AP Test centre and completed the entire process mentioned in the AP Exam registration policy by the deadlines listed. There will be no extensions to the deadlines allowed later.