Food & nutrition at CHIREC
CHIREC offers a variety of items on the menu to the students of all the branches (Kondapur, Jubilee Hills, and Gachibowli) who have signed for the school lunch. It also offers breakfast and healthy snacks for Pre-primary students.
The food - fresh and seasonal - is thoroughly put together in the school kitchen by the staff of Compass India that provides Catering and Support Services worldwide. All dishes are made from scratch and no ingredient is frozen. The food is consumed on the same day and no stocked/packaged food and preservatives are used. The supervisors Mr. Uday Bhaskar, and Mr. Raghavulu along with the Dining Incharge Ms.Sreesti Moharana handle day to day operations.
The menus are carefully crafted to meet the nutritional guidelines of the school. It aims to provide a variety of appealing food that meets the health and nutrition needs of the students and helps shape lifelong healthy eating behaviors. We occasionally add or remove items but usually, the menu changes on a fortnightly basis. For an add on, one dessert is provided every day with the meal.
- The food is tasted by the incharge before it is served to the students.
- To call the parents frequently to taste the food
- Students have adequate time to eat their meal (25 minutes for lunch)
- The food is balanced with all the nutrients - Carbohydrates, Proteins, Fiber, Fats, and Vitamins & Minerals.
Safety and hygiene
- As cleaning and disinfecting are extremely important to prevent infectious diseases, CHIREC takes utmost care of hygiene and safety of students and follows standard procedures to maintain the cleanliness.
- Further care is taken to ensure the Groceries are FSSAI and ISI approved.
- The dining is cleaned twice a day - before and after lunch. The staff is well-groomed and wears appropriate gear including gloves, caps, etc., to ensure safe food practices are being followed.
- The Pest control is done every fortnight and deep cleaning every Saturday.
- The utensils are washed following an enormous process every day.
Zero waste policy
For a sustainable approach, CHIREC has implemented strict policies to avoid any wastage of food. Students are made aware of the importance of zero wastage regularly through assembly and other activities.
Meals to adopted government schools
CHIREC, in collaboration with Veni Rao Foundation, provides lunch at two adopted government schools (Masjid Banda, Anjiah Nagar) and an orphanage – Sankalp Foundation.