At CHIREC, we believe that the school and parents are equal partners in the growth and development of a child. CHIREC believes in providing regular updates to parents and facilitating opportunities for parent interactions. Please find below the main modes of communication and parent interaction:
- Daily updates on Today@CHIREC
- Weekly Transaction Reports sent through the CHIREC International My ClassBoard App
- Monthly Newsletters delivered to your email
- Coffee with Class Teachers
- Parent Teacher Meetings at the end of every term
- Invites to volunteer in various Class Activities in Pre-Primary
- Invites to `Know Your Parent` sessions
- Invites to conduct Career Guidance sessions for students
- Invites to volunteer in dining, transport, maintenance, and safety audits at school and provide necessary feedback
In order to ensure that each child makes the most of their time in school, we request all parents to adhere to the following expectations.
STUDENT - SCHOOL - PARENT AGREEMENT
Students are expected to:
- Attend school regularly and arrive on time.
- Wear proper uniform and RFID.
- Carry the correct activity equipment on scheduled activity days
- Adhere to the code of conduct and meet the school`s expectations during school hours.
- Maintain discipline in the buses.
- Respect and care for others and their property (including school property).
• Meet all deadlines for homework, assignments, and projects
- Be aware and participate in various co-curricular opportunities available.
- Hand over all letters, circulars, notes, and reports to parents on the day they are issued.
- Talk with parents and teachers about any concerns they have in school.
- Follow the guidelines mentioned in the Safety Manual.
- Contribute to a positive learning and teaching environment.
Parents are expected to:
Take an active interest in all aspects of their child`s school life.
- Check the school diary every day for messages or remarks from the school and sign these notes after going through them. The school diary must be treated as an important means of communication between parents and school.
- Download the CHIREC International MyClassBoard App to stay up to date with any messages, announcements, homework or assignments sent from the school. Parents will also be able to use this app to check the lunch menu, track buses, view the school calendar, etc.
- Encourage their child to complete his/her projects and assignments on time and submit them on or before the due date.
- Communicate all relevant information about their child, which may affect his/her work or behaviour at school and alert the teachers or In-charges of any required learning, behavioural and emotional support required for their child.
- Inform the school of any changes in their contact details. It is important that we know how to get in touch with you, should the need arise.
- Ensure that their child attends school regularly, is on time and is prepared for the class.
- Encourage the child to follow the school`s behaviour policy and support actions taken by the school.
- Ensure their child does not bring any prohibited items such as MP3 players, cell phones, iPods, iPads, cameras, etc., in school.
- Not to criticize teachers or the school in the child`s presence as this may cause him/her to lose respect for his/her teachers, with the consequent failure to learn from them. If you have any concerns, we request you to contact the class teacher, section In-charge or PR Executive.
- Guide students to become resourceful and valuable members of the school and the country.
- Encourage them to maintain a balance between academics and co-curriculars and be independent
- Not withdraw the child from classes for family/social functions as this might hinder the child`s progress in school and undermine respect for regular/hard work.
- Parents must attend all Parent-Teacher Conferences to keep track of their child`s progress in academics and co-curricular activities. We also encourage parents to attend school events such as student activity demos, annual concerts, etc.
- Parents/Guardians are requested not to meet the students or call teachers during class hours, at bus pickup points or at the bus parking area during dispersal time.
- Parents are requested not to contact teachers at their residences. An appointment can be set up at the respective campus during school hours.
The school will:
- Provide a safe, positive and stimulating environment for all students.
- Strive to maintain a balance between academics and co-curricular activities for each child.
- Encourage all students to take responsibility for their own actions.
- Encourage students to feel proud of their achievements and enjoy being a student at the school.
- Insist that all students follow the school`s policies related to behaviour and anti-bullying.
- Keep the parent informed about their child`s progress and general school matters.